Light and portable water filter system KATADYN HIKER PRO designed to clean water from lakes, rivers or other waters with little clear water. It is ideal in field conditions (survival, trekking, camping, canoeing), as well as in emergencies (floods, water contamination). The Katadyn Hiker Pro weighs just 310 grams, and the filter cartridge located inside allows up to 1150 liters of safe drinking water - the filter life is dependent on the quality of the filtered water.
This water filter effectively removes bacteria (99.9999%) and protozoa (99.9%) such as Giardia and Cryptosporidium. The fiberglass AntiClog ™ technology (0.2 micron pores) and active carbon granules are used to clean water from various types of cysts, algae, sediment and spores. This ensures that the resulting water is filtered and fresh. In addition, it gains better smell and taste.
The set includes:
- Water filter with ABS plastic housing (BPA-free)
- Wide bottle bottle adapter
- 2 hoses - inlet and outlet - both fitted with quick couplings (quick release hose coupler can be connected to the drinking hose in irrigation systems, maximum tube diameter is 63mm, ¼ inch)
- Filter protection (diaphragm) which increases its service life - it can be cleaned with the supplied sponge - the use of a membrane prolongs the life of the cartridge. The filter can be used all the time or only if the filtered water contains a lot of slurry
- Silicone grease tube for maintenance / lubrication of pump seals
- diaphragm cleaning sponge
- zippered cover - necessary to prevent loss of one of the water filter components.
IMPORTANT: Flush the pumping system before first use - pour approx. 1 liter of water to remove carbon-neutral pollen.
RADIO MILWORLD: To maximize the durability of the cartridge, each time you try to choose the best available water sources. Keep the pre-filter clean and away from the bottom of the water tank. In the case of very turbid water, wrap the pre-filter into a disposable coffee filter or cloth. If possible, wait until the sludge in the unfit water tank falls down and then filter the already clarified water by placing a pre-filter over the sludge.